Allow enough time for the wax to melt completely to the edges of the container and make sure your candle is at room temperature before lighting to prevent "tunneling". If tunneling occurs, you can place your candles in the oven at a low temperature (200 degrees F or lower) until the wax softens and evens out along the top of your candle or you can light your candle and pour out the liquid wax to give the wick more oxygen to burn.
NEVER POUR HOT WAX DOWN YOUR DRAINS. IT WILL CLOG YOUR PLUMBING.
Trim the wick to 1/8" - 1/4" tall before you relight your candle to keep the wax clean and burning nicely. If the wick is too long, the wax (fuel) will not pull up the wick and the wick will extinguish. The melted wax fuels the flame! If your flame is too high, blow out your candle, trim your wick and relight. If your flame is too low, or self extinguishes, try pouring out some of the melted wax to give the wick more oxygen. NEVER POUR HOT WAX DOWN YOUR DRAINS. IT WILL CLOG YOUR PLUMBING.
If you did not remove your crystals or crystal chips before burning, it is possible that as the wax melts, the crystals sink and cause the wax level to rise - which can drown your wick. Simply remove all decorations and your candle should burn at optimal levels.
Avoid burning your candle for more than 3 or 4 hours at a time. If when burning the candle for a long period of time, you notice the flame height getting too low, tap off any excess ash along the top of the wick. The flame will then return to its proper height.
Bathing in candle light is a popular way to relax and unwind from the stress of the day. Please ensure you practice candle safety when burning your candles near water and NEVER EXTINGUISH A CANDLE WITH WATER. WATER INSIDE OF YOUR CANDLE CAN CAUSE A LARGE FLAME AND THE WAX TO SPLATTER, WHICH CAN CAUSE AN EXPLOSION TO OCCUR. Always use a wick extinguisher to put your candle flame out.
Keep candles out of reach of children and pets.
Place candle on a stable, heat resistant surface away from flammable objects and try not to let debris from the wick fall into the candle.
Never leave a burning candle unattended and extinguish the candle before leaving the room.
While candles are beautiful and tantalizing, it is important to remember to practice proper candle care not only when burning your candles, but also when they are being created as well.
A large portion of candle makers use hot glue or wick stickers to secure the wick to the jar - we do not. Here is why:
When the candle reaches the end of its burn, because the flame and the wax are so low in the jar, this is where temperatures dangerously increase.
If a candle is not manually extinguished at 1/2" of wax left in the jar (which is recommended. The remaining wax can be poured into a wax warmer and used), the candle relies on the wick to self extinguish.
Hot glue and wick stickers begins to soften around 180 degrees F
Softening of the adhesive seal allows the wick to continue drawing liquid wax (fuel) up from under the wick, or if there is complete adhesive failure, the wick tab can "wander" from its sealed position.
This sets up an extremely dangerous situation that can result in a fire or the container shattering.
For this reason, we use a high-temperature silicone adhesive that can withstand temperatures up to 600 degrees F to seal all of our wicks properly in place.
Adhesive failure or "wandering wicks" are extremely rare in our candles.
The easiest way to remove wax from your crystals is to pop them in a bowl of boiling water.
Make sure your crystal is fully submerged.
The wax will melt off of the crystal and float to the top.
Be sure to discard the wax in the garbage and not pour down the sink.
Do not leave your crystals in water for a long period of time. A few minutes should be enough to soften the wax and clean your crystal.
ACTIVATING YOUR CRYSTAL:
Bring yourself to a meditative state. Hold your crystal in both hands and say the intention that you want your crystal to hold for you."May this crystal help me to achieve ....... for my highest good, in love and in light."
CHARGING YOUR CRYSTAL:
Lay your crystal in a windowsill overnight and allow the magic of the moonlight to cleanse and charge your crystal.
Monthly moonbaths under the moon help to keep your crystal fully charged and activated.
Candle Jar Care
To repurpose your candle jar, simply pop it into the freezer.
This makes it easy to remove the remaining wax inside.
To remove the wick tab from our high-temperature silicone adhesive, simply use a razor blade (SAFELY!!) and place the blade under the wick tab until it loosens and pops free.
Now your candle jar is ready for a new purpose!